Saturday, September 18, 2010

Puke and Poop... Sorry Folks.

Jet has adjusted well to Gluten Free. In fact, we all have. We've had a couple of stumbles this week. On Wednesday morning I fixed myself a smoothie for breakfast. Jet LOVES smoothies. They tend to upset his tummy so I try not to give him too much, but when he looks at you with those big brown eyes - it's hard to say no. So I let him have about 1/4 of a cup of smoothie to appease him.
On Wednesday night he had a really hard time falling asleep. I have come to discover that this usually means that he has an upset tummy. Well sure enough Thursday at the library he spit up. I know it sounds weird for a 2.5 year old to spit up, but he still does. When we came home I decided to look at the ingredients on the yogurt and what should I happen to see, "Modified Food Starch" - Gluten in her ugly disguise. That must have been the culprit.
We started our Gluten Free diet on Tuesday and Monday night we had a Gluten blow out. Pizza, Cookies and Soda. On Tuesday and Wednesday I noticed mucus in Jet's poop. So what would any good mother do? That's right - you guessed it - I googled it. Come to find out mucus in poop can indicate a lot of things, one of them being - a food allergy. So we may be on to something here... Not sure yet.
I made our first gluten free pizza tonight and about 3 hours after eating - Jet puked EVERYWHERE!!! TWO TIMES!!! I have never seen so much puke, oh my goodness! Sorry to gross you out - but it is the truth. I went over everything that he's eaten tonight and can't find a culprit. Therefore, he must have the dreaded stomach bug. Jet has never had a puke bug in his 2.5 years, so I guess we should count ourselves blessed.
On a lighter note - Jet started a new Mother's Day Out program on Friday. His class got to go "Indian Summer", a festival in Bartlesville. A little girl at the Pow Wow chose Jet to come dance with her in the dancing arena. I thought that that was really cool.
A ray of hope - I'm cautious of saying this because I don't want to make a fool out of myself - but I think cutting out Gluten is helping Jet's speech. He has been "talking" a lot. I'm not sure of what he's saying, but he certainly seems to know. I'm pretty sure he said "hand sanitizer" tonight after he puked. I could be delirious, but I honestly think that he said it. We'll see....
Here is just deep in thought tonight at Indian Summer, no doubt thinking about all the puke that is getting ready to go down.
Thank you all for reading. I apologize for all the grossness. I have promised to real while doing this blog, and unfortunately grossness has ruled the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment