Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day One

Today was first my Walmart trip and it actually wasn't too painful. Everything of course cost more because the cheap foods aren't as good for you. Prior to this we always bought Great Value, if it was an option. I told Jared that I might need to get a second job just pay for groceries. However, we should save some money by not eating out as often.
One of the things that was so helpful was my IPod touch. I have an app called Gluten Free and it is AMAZING!!! I paid $7.99 for it, but it was way worth it.
We ate Gluten free at every meal today and all of the meals were very tasty. This was a great surprise for us.



Since the entire goal for this change in lifestyle is for Jet to get caught up to his peers, I wanted to video document his development to see where we are at the end of this 3 month trial period.
It is very obvious in this video how sweet and lovable Jet is, but it is also obvious that he struggles to do simple tasks. Tasks that an almost 3 year old should be able to do easily.
I plan to do a video documentary at least once a month.




Here's a picture that we took today. Jet with his best buddies.
We went to Mops yesterday and Jet brought home a little craft that he made with a verse on it that I am clinging to...
Pslam 84:11
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.
If I am being very transparent and vulnerable (which I faithfully try to do) my greatest desire for Jet (besides Salvation, which I know is all that really matters) is for him to have a voice. Surely, God won't withhold that from him? I trust Him, I really do. But I am earnestly seeking "healing" for my son, and I pray that this is how He will do it.
Thanks for reading!

1 comment: